Illuminating UniMAP international visibility through CIA.
To increase UniMAP's international reputation through smart international partnership, excellent international alumni and prominent international management.
There are numerous reasons to study in UniMAP and Malaysia. Here are 16 reasons to start with. Bear in mind there are many more, but that would constitute a part of your search and your journey of discovery with us!
- All academic programmes offered are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA). The engineering degree programmes are accredited not just by the MQA but also by the Malaysia Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC), which subscribes to Washington Accord - which is a global engineering education convention recognised in many parts of the world.
- UniMAP has more than 100 state-of-the-art laboratories that students can use even in Year 1 of their studies.
- The courses that we offer combine both theory and practical, in accordance to the requirement of the industry. The 'lab intensive'/'practical oriented' approach is practiced in the delivery of the courses.
- UniMAP has emphasises the development of entrepreneurship and communication skills amongst students.
- UniMAP regularly arranges for programmes that build student's social, community and leadership skills.
- All academic programmes offered are approved by the Government of Malaysia. UniMAP's ranking amongst public universities in Malaysia is in the top ten.
- UniMAP's lecturers are required to do research and development, hence making their teaching most insightful and up-to-date.
- In a number of the courses offered, there are speakers from the industry who will impart knowledge that is most relevant to industry needs.
- There are many undergraduate and postgraduate international students studying in UniMAP. There are also a number of international students studying English for a few months here. As of December 2016, there are more than 900 international students registered in the university.
- UniMAP provides hostels for all its students. Transportation between the hostels and lecture halls / classes is provided free of charge by the university.
- International officers are appointed to solely provide assistance in immigration matters.
- We are located close enough to public transportation points which allow you to travel to various interesting places in Malaysia. For example, from UniMAP you can reach Langkawi (an exotic tropical island much loved by tourists the world over) by ferry in one hour only.
- Although the national language of the country is Bahasa Malaysia (Malay), English is widely spoken and understood by the people in the country. All core classes in UniMAP are conducted in English.
- Malaysia is situated in a geographically safe zone and therefore it is free from most natural disasters.
- Malaysia being a multicultural society (comprising of Malays, Chinese, Indians, Eurasians and other indigenous ethnics) enables you to experience different cultures simultaneously, so that you can learn and understand the gist of Asia. Its location in the northern part or Malaysia provides students with calm greeneries and away from the hustle and bustle of hectic city life, hence resulting in an ambience perfect for study and scholarship.
- A variety of cuisines including halal, vegetarian, multiracial ethnic and western food is available.